We provide you with advice
We started this blog to help construction companies and workers connect, share ideas and contribute to a healthier work environment for the industry.
We will list companies that are examples in their industry and individuals as well. We choose companies based on their entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and other factors.
For example in the Southern Alberta Area ( Canada ) we picked Lethbridge Elite Roofing. We picked LER for outstanding hiring practices and innovative online booking system.
Roofing Industry Trends
A number of new trends in the roofing industry have been creating unique housing styles. There are new options for you to boost the efficiency and look of your roofing system. Below is an overview of the few trends in the market today.
Eco-friendly Roofing Trends
Many industries around the world are creating high-quality products that are focused on boosting and preserving the environment rather than depleting it. The roofing industry of Calgary for example aims to follow the same goal by using natural materials that are renewable as well as using energy sources that are 100% sustainable. Here are eco-friendly roofing trends that you might want for your next roofing project:
- Planting Gardens on Rooftops - Gardens can be built even on pitched roofs. Installing green tiles and planting vegetables, herbs, grass or flowers on your roof is very eco-friendly. However, larger plants cannot be planted on your roof because the roots may break through and grow into the attic. For this eco-friendly option, waterproof linings that are heavy-duty should be applied before planting so that there would be no water leaks.
- Installing Solar Shingles - Over the years, homeowners have already been installing solar panels. Roofing companies in Calgary now created a less obtrusive and smaller option—solar shingles. Solar shingles can be used across a portion or the entire roof. They could be blended with your traditional shingles.
- Lining Roofs with Reflective Coatings - If the garden or solar shingles are quite out of your budget, you have another eco-friendly alternative which is to apply reflective coatings. These coatings would reflect heat and light away from the roof to keep air in the attic as well as in other parts of your home so it would cooler during summer.
Roofing Material Trends
Most businesses and homes in North America use asphalt shingles. But if you would want to have a different look and features for your home, you can try composite, single-ply or metal options.
- Fast Installation of Single-ply Roofing - A single-ply roofing system may appear simple but it can significantly last for more than 3 decades. You can benefit so much from its fast installation. It is composed of uniform PVCs, PIBs, or EPDM rubber membranes that can span your entire roof with gravel, glue and other materials to keep it in place. You can rely on your single-ply roof to protect and preserve your home from the climate and weather in Calgary.
- Longevity of Roof with Steel or Aluminum - Metal roofing do last a lifetime with proper maintenance and care. This roofing can also help you conserve the energy in your home because they can reflect light and heat back into the air and away from your home. The sturdy construction of metal is a good choice to sound-proof your homes.
- Composite Roofing to Reduce Maintenance - Composite roofing now gains popularity because it only needs little maintenance. Even without annual checkups, you do not need to maintain it regularly. It has many layers of material that work together for additional protection against the climate and natural disasters like heavy snowfall and fire.
It is good to remember these trends if you are planning to build a new home or replace your roofing. You are protected against the climate in Calgary plus these options are very cost-effective, energy-saving and eco-friendly.